If you were to ask a hundred people what would be the best day that they could think of, what responses would be heard. For me, it would be coming home to a perfectly clean home, a bubble bath and a Diet Coke on ice. For others it may include winning lottery ticket, a shiny new sports car or the man of their dreams showing up for lunch.
However, life is so simple for the little ones around us. Tonight, as I tucked my little Kaesey Bear in, he quietly whispered that today had been his best day. Now, I took a moment to think back on the day. It had been fun. A play group and lunch at Carls Jr. followed by a nap and movie with Grandpa, Grandma and the Uncles.
“You know why it was my best day Mommy” came the cute, sleepy little voice, “Because Grandpa gave me a penny.” From underneath his pillow, he produced a small wooden box and inside was a large silver coin that Grandpa had given him at the movies. Now, the coin was a Tongan coin and had no monetary value to any of us. But, to a small guy of three, having been given a penny by Grandpa, that was the most valuable treasure in the world. Thank you Grandpa for the penny.
However, life is so simple for the little ones around us. Tonight, as I tucked my little Kaesey Bear in, he quietly whispered that today had been his best day. Now, I took a moment to think back on the day. It had been fun. A play group and lunch at Carls Jr. followed by a nap and movie with Grandpa, Grandma and the Uncles.
“You know why it was my best day Mommy” came the cute, sleepy little voice, “Because Grandpa gave me a penny.” From underneath his pillow, he produced a small wooden box and inside was a large silver coin that Grandpa had given him at the movies. Now, the coin was a Tongan coin and had no monetary value to any of us. But, to a small guy of three, having been given a penny by Grandpa, that was the most valuable treasure in the world. Thank you Grandpa for the penny.


4 comments:
I love that! Emma used to keep a greeting card under her pillow with keep sakes, pics of me and James, Christ and cousins. I remember when we disocvered it, I had a similar reaction.
That is so cute. IL ove how proud of it he is! Love it.
BY the way just having a diet coke makes everything better fo rme!
I found your blog through your Facebook account and read through October (and am now feeling guilty that I haven't gotten to those darned dirty dishes from dinner)...Anywhoo, your kids are adorable! It was fun to see a bit of what your life is like right now. I'm living up in Heber now. Let's plan a play date sometime! Do you have a website for your hats? I'd love to see it.
D, you have such a lovely writing style! Have you ever thought of writing children's stories? Or maybe becoming a storyteller that visits libraries and schools? It's been some time since I heard your voice, but I'm sure you'd do such a wonderful job of it. Your children are beautiful, how is the littlest one's health?
Post a Comment