Have you ever had one of those moments where a phrase is spoken directly to your heart and you know that it was meant just for you. I had this experience this past Sunday while watching General Conference. Elder Ballards talk to mothers was one that pierced my very soul. I have found myself discouraged lately with all the things on my plate. I look at all that must be done: keeping a clean home, preparing nutritious food that my kids will actually eat, being a good and loving wife, making sure that my kiddos grow up to be healthy, strong, intellegent and capable individuals, all the while making their childhood an incredible memory. I find it so hard to do all of that at once.
My highest goal in life is to be a good mother. It was amazing the amount of peace that came from Elder Ballard's talk. Not that we need it, but it was nice to receive "permission," for lack of a better term, to take a break. To enjoy the everyday joy that comes with life. To take time away from the everyday world and develop talents and interest.
I want to take to heart that talk and live more in the moment. I want to enjoy my children and their little lives. I want to remember the feeling of wanting to grow up to be a princess or fly like Batman. I want to hold my baby for as long as he will let me. Time flies by so quickly and I dont' want to miss a mintue of it. I want to be able to look back at this small time in life and know that I did the best that I could.
Here is a link to the audio clip in case you missed this GREAT talk.


No comments:
Post a Comment