So, I am one of those people that can't stand to spend a lot of money on something that I could someday, in theory make for myself at a discount. However, I am also a person that will spend a significant amount to learn how to do the skill.
Kyra has been begging to have some new cute hair accessories. She has using the same ones for the past 4 years that have occasionally (and unfortunately) found their way into the washing machine, the back yard for weeks at a time and into the destructive hands of Kaeson. Needless to say that they are a little lack luster.
Having heard about this cute kiosk at the mall that sold these trendy new bows I ventured off with the kiddos to pick out a couple. The only thing that I ended up picking that day was myself off the floor as I saw the prices of these bows. $8 for one bow. What am I, middle class???? What are they thinking? I figured that there had to be a better way.
Hence, I returned home and set to work with the buckets of ribbons stored in my sewing room. The only thing that I managed to make was a pretty decent looking mess. Discouraged at my defeat I hit Ebay to find a cheaper bow. What then, what did I find, but a listing to buy instructions on how to make these "boutique bows" as they are called now days. What a bargain at only $30. I quickly and impulsively bought the instructions and have managed to make my first bow.
Yes, I am too cheap to buy that $8 bow at the mall but I now present to you my $30 bow.


3 comments:
YOu shoudl have told me cause I hav ea huge book of instructions on how to make bows. Too bad you bought that book. I am sure you will enjoy making them though. $8 for a bow ins't bad. If you or Jared knew how much i have spend on some of Hailey's I think your jaws would drop to the floor. I love bows though so I am called a bow snob. I am too lazy to mke them though. Looks cute!
$30 now, but it becomes cheaper and cheaper each time you make it. In fact, if you make four bows they're already less than the one at the mall! Good job!
This would also be one of the bazillion reasons I'm SO glad to have had all boys... :-D
Very nice $30 bow! But knowing you, you'll make up 20 or 20 and sell them for 7.50 and make your money back in about 30 min.
Post a Comment