Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mecca To Momma






It is no secret that all of our kiddos have been Momma's boys and girl. Although at times it is tough when no one else will do to kiss that stubbed toe or scraped knee but I love every minute of it.


As part of this adoration for mom came the late night room migration that somehow came to be known as the Mecca to Mommy. Never being good nightime sleepers, the kids started waking up at night and not seeing mom or dad near, they would trek on up to our room and climb into bed with us.


Being the sound sleepers that we are we would often not notice them until morning. The other night I awoke to Kaeson crying that he couldn't find a spot. After getting my wits about me I realized that Kyra had already claimed a spot in the middle of the bed.


Anyway, last night, after watching a movie downstairs, we came upon a tender little sight. Kaeson had started his mecca but was overcome by exhaustion and made it to just barely beyond his bedroom. He laid so peacefully sound asleep at the top of the staircase and I almost didn't want to move him.


After reluctantly placing him in his own bed, we finished up the stairs to our own room where what to our unexpecting eyes do we find: Kyra snuggled up in a ball in our bed. She had successfully made her mecca for the night.


6 comments:

SalGal said...

I had one fall asleep curled up in his chair at the dinner table. Sweet!

Sherrie said...

Mecca to Momma has so many different meanings!

Faires Bears and Toads said...

Ok, So I am really afraid to ask because I know you so well but, What are you talking about???

Sherrie said...

Just wanted to keep you on your toes!

Faires Bears and Toads said...

You have a real talent for keeping all of us on our toes.

Dave Gourley said...

I love this story! It sounds like it is survival of the fastest in your house. Dave has been really pushing me to blog so I will try and be better at it.