What a great weekend. We took off on another fun camping trip. This was our second this year....and since we were married. We loved it. I think that our kiddos were meant to live outside. They enjoyed every minute of it.
Our good friends have a really nice property up Springville Canyon and they were nice enough to invite us up to spend a weekend with them. Thank you Todd and Debbie.
Let me just say, this is my idea of camping. It was a beautiful property with grassy areas, a lazy river, bridge and gazebo. They have a wonderful fire pit area and even a zip line. They even have built their own bathroom (which rivals my bathroom here at home) on the property so you don't have to worry about the out house scene. There is a huge covered picnic pavillion, a huge swing set area and TONS of room for the kiddos to run around. Can you say Utopia of camping.
Friday was spent having dinner ( I have learned to pre-make Snicker Salad...it took FOREVER to make up there,) roasting marshmallows and hanging out at the fire. The kids got glow sticks and spent the evening throwing them into trees and trying to retrieve them. Deb and her family were nice enough to let us sleep in one of their trailers. It was a cold evening and we were grateful for the surprise.
Saturday, Lou and Harvey went on their last long run before the St. George Marathon. The rest of us sat back at camp discussing their too short of shorts. I am taking Harvey shopping, ladies, for longer shorts this week. We had breakfast and the guys took off to go see an Elk Ranch. Sherrie made us all cute Halloween bracelets and we sat around the table chatting, eating and have the best girls day out in a long time.
The kids had a blast. They played in the river, swing set, and ran around on the grassy fields. My kiddos went on their very first 4 wheeler ride. Kaeson had a smile on his face for hours afterwards. Nearing the end of the day, the zip line was brought out. The zip line spans from one side of the property to the other and crosses the river. Lou put Kaeson up on the seat and swung him across the zip line. I about died. He loved it though. After he came across, they put Kyra up. I thought,"What was I worried about with him. He is my coordinated one." I waited for Kyra to fall right off the seat, but she was a champ too.
We did find out that our little fab four has a lot in common. Our men all have dark hair. We are all blonde. We all drive white cars. We all (until Kelty surprised us with his arrival) have two kiddos, a girl and a boy. Most of all, we are great friends and we love spending time together.
Thank you Debbie, Leigh and Sherrie for making my weekend so great. Love you guys!


5 comments:
Sounds like a perfect weekend for this time of year. I am totally jealous!
Thank you for so many photos to go along with the story.
I love the last picture of all the kids coming out of the trailer. I think that was after I yelled at them to get out... I am so glad you came up. It was so much fun and all of the kids got along so great. I am going to have to have you email me most of your pictures.
How fun. It looks so nice and beautiful up there. I bet you guys had a super great time!
Hi Darci!
I love to read about your adventures! You've got to tell me what Snicker salad is! It sounds like the love of my life (chocolate) is in it. Is it?
Kate
It looks like you guys had the perfect weekend, good for you!! It's always fun to have a little trip like this, but even more fun when you have good friends to make the memories with!!
Post a Comment