
The other day, we were getting ready for bed and Bear handed me a note from his Kindergarten teacher. Apparently, the next day would be spirit day for his grade and they asked for all of the children to dress Christmasy: socks, pajamas, shirts, whatever. Well....... We didn't have a thing and Bear was insistent that he wanted to look like Jingles our house elf. When I told him that we didn't have an elf costume, he said (in his little indignant tone) "Uh, you can MAKE one mom." I have instilled too much confidence in my children in my limited sewing abilities.
So, after tucking everyone into bed, I tried to think of what would be an easy way to make an elf costume. I was looking over my overly huge stack of fabrics that I had sitting on the table for the orders that I was finishing when I saw these giant stockings that I bought for inventive wrapping paper at the dollar store and a light bulb went off over my head.
So, 15 minutes later, I had his very meagerly created elf costume out of three of those stockings. He was THRILLED!!! I think that it looks a little Brady Bunch but, as long as he is happy.... right???? Plus 15 minutes and $3 for a costume isn't bad.
Now, go on down and read the next post.... When he is older, that is how he is going to look at that elf costume.


4 comments:
I am utterly impressed!
Darci - Elizabeth is always telling me about the creative things you are doing. This one is definitely the icing on the cake. Both Elizabeth and I have been known to be creative, but I don't think we would have come up with this one. The outfit looks awesome! And I would never have guessed that it was made up of dollar store stockings.
I am speechless! You seriously made this in 15 minutes!!! You need to submit your "easy" and amazing ideas to Parent's, Family Circle or Family Fun magazines! They'd eat your quick and affordable ideas up in a heartbeat! I'm serious!
I love it! It's awesome! You are so amazing! I'm sure he loved wearing that to school!
Post a Comment