Oh, have we found something fun. While at Hobby Lobby yesterday, I spotted these little gems. I have seen them before but, thinking they were just colored Styrofoam peanuts, I have whisked right past them. However, a while ago, a friend mentioned that she loved them for her kids. So, instead of walking past them again, I picked them up and brought them home. Yes, I paid first!
The kiddos are now off from school for a few weeks and are always dying to do a new activity. Today, they spent a good deal of time cleaning their rooms and afterwards started drooling over the pictures on the side of the box. I let Kaeson open them up and he hasn't stopped working on them since. Sooo.... if you are looking for a fun off track activity, there are GREAT!
OOOHHHHH!!!!!! I forgot to add the best part of these. NO MESS! You simply tap them on a wet paper towel or sponge and they magically stick together. There is no mess for you and no frustration for kiddos that can't get their pieces to stick together. It gets an A++++ in our house.
On a completely unrelated note, we have had a set back with Kaeson's eyes. His eye sight in his left eye IS improving but, not as rapidly as they would like. Where he was free from wearing the patch for several months, the doctors have decided to start up the patch therapy once again. It is a little heart breaking for me. I just want this poor kid to thrive in every possible way. It is hard to watch your kids go through things when you would give anything to take on their burdens for them.


2 comments:
How do they taste? They look like something I would chew on.
As for the eye...my cousin had a patch for many many years but she is a well adjusted person. K will turn out well! Heck it isn't everyone who gets to be a pirate EVERY day.
AJ did Patch / Eye Surgery / Patch again. I patched for 2 years as a kid (hated it by the way). Good luck! Call me, did I tell you about the patches that go on the glasses instead of the eye?
Post a Comment