Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shoes: Need Vs. Want

On Saturday, my sister, my friend and I escaped for a little girl time and hit the Kohl's big sale. I had a plan to get a new pair of shoes. I have decided over the past year or so that I absolutely LOVE shoes. I know, I am behind the normal female trend. I guess that over the years, it has saved me considerable money to be out of style.

Sadly however, I have been slowly saying goodbye to my shoes. My beloved wedge sandals kicked the bucket this past summer. One of my awesome black boots has apparently left on some exotic vacation without me. My sexy hottie boots broke a heel at the movies last month and it was ridiculous as to how much it was to repair them. I was equally upset to find that we are out of boot season and I will have to wait at least 7 long months to buy another set of boots. Sniff. I loved those ones.So, what have I been left with?? Well, besides my snow boots and exhausted worn out Keds and running shoes, not much. I have a cute pair of wearing down black Mary Jane Tuxedo heels that I have been wearing to church... and with my jeans.... and with my random skirts... and..... They are cute. I bought them at a thrift store. I love them. However, I thought that I needed a bit of a change.

(Now I have two admissions, first of all, I love high heels. LOVE THEM. They are terribly bad on my feet but, I would wear them every minute of every day if I could. Secondly, I really have a secret wish that I was 5'10"(I am only 5'7"). Even if I were that tall, I would continue to wear the heels.)

So, I present to you......... my new shoes. I went with the intention of buying red ones. Believe it or not, they didn't have the bold red that I was looking for but, they did have these beauties. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. They kinda look a little Twilight which secretly makes me a little happy.
The story on the other shoes. They are a complete want and nothing more. I love leopard print shoes and always ogle when people wear them. Nena loves them too. She always points them out on people. So, when you find them at 80% off, in your size, and the only pair left, it is fate and destiny and complete awesomeness! I snatched them right up. I don't think that my daughter has ever been prouder of her momma!
So sorry, but, I must admit a slice of vanity in that I couldn't be more excited over my new 4"+ high heels!

1 comment:

Michele said...

You are so funny! I am probably as opposite as can be about shoes - I live for the days I can wear my flat shoes to work and even happier when I am not at work and wearing flip flips! Or no shoes!
Those are some awesome red heals. I do love them. You are so cute and can pull off great shoes like both pairs. Nice work!