Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Conspiracy Theory


I am wholly and completely convinced that the fashion industry has it out to deceive the American public. This conclusion of mine has been drawn by my now desperate search of a new bathing suit. I think that it is all one big conspiracy! You have to tell me that you agree.

Once, many years ago, did find the perfect bathing suit. It was the ideal fit, color, style, everything. I love it! In fact, I still have it and wear it. However, it is probably time to retire that one and start looking for a new one.

It isn't that I haven't bought others, I just don't like them once I get them home. So, I have the question to ask. What is up with all of these suits? Why is it that they only make suits to fit the ultra teeny boppers with the bagel sized waists and DD tops(neither of which describes me?) Where are the ones for us that are tap dancing our way into our mid thirties and now raising toddlers? Do they not realize that we want a cute suit too?

Why can't they get that perfect suit that holds you in, lifts you up, shapes the backside, hides all of those little things that we never want to talk about and makes it look effortless. I mean, come on. You would think with all of the practice that they have had over the past 50 years, that they could get it right. Don't you?

5 comments:

heather said...

I am SOOOO with you on that . I refuse to go swimming for that very reason. Have you tried Land's End or LL Bean or Speedo?

Michele said...

Where on earth did you find a DD swim suit?? I can never find them! They list them sometimes as DD but let me tell you, they most certainly are NOT DD or my boobs are bigger than I thought!
My biggest problem is suits that slide off the shoulders. I have the hardest time finding one that I can actually swim in. I once took Rick swim suit shopping with me before we were married hahaha I don't know if he will ever go with me again!
I agree with Heather though...those are some good places to check. I would also check www.chadwicks.com They have an awesome return policy since you can't try them on in person.

Kate Mc2 said...

Right there with you sistah!
Maybe some other country has them.

Melinda said...

I'm going to have a ModBe open house in March or April -- haven't decided. Have you tried them? They're a little expensive but I like the coverage (I don't exactly belong in Sports Illustrated), and they're really cute :) It's worth it to me to not be completely humiliated at the pool. Anyway, anyone is welcome if you'd like to check them out.

Sherrie said...

This year I'm swimming in full camo gear, that's right, I'm marching to a different drummer.