Sunday, February 8, 2009

Toad's First Haircut

I have a good friend who's 7 month old has already had 5 haircuts. I think that my kids don't get to their fifth haircut until they are about 4! Today, however, Toad got his first haircut. He needed it. The hair around his ears looked like wings. I was beginning to think that he would take flight at any moment.


We ran into several obstacles on our journey to handsomedom. My short scissors ended up being too dull (someone has been using them to cut paper- UGH!) So, I had to use a pair of my fabric scissors. That made it akward. Then, Toad refused to sit still and wiggled the entire time. We finally got him settled down with a banana, a cup of white chocolate chips and a bottle.



After about 5 mintues, he was done....with sitting there. So, we will leave the back for another day...and maybe a professional. But he looks better doesn't he?

8 comments:

Banks Family said...

He is such a handsome little toad!!

Amy said...

He does look handsome. We were going to tackle Spencer's hair for about the 13th time in his life, but you have to really prepare yourself and I just wasn't up for it. Count yourself lucky that your boy that is the same age as mine is just at his first!

Kate Mc2 said...

He is so so cute!!!

Cecilia said...

What a handsome little boy! I love the new hair :)

heather said...

I think you did a great job on his haircut! He's a cutie.

Erin said...

I am so impressed you cut his hair yourself! He is adorable! I don't like cutting my girls hair either - I put it off for as long as possible!

Melinda said...

That is a darling picture :) Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! Love your newest picture of you and your son on the stairs. I see you have hair cutting skills too! That's great! Oh, and I wanted to ask you if your Friday the 13th wish came true? Hope all is well. Take care! Chady.