

I have been getting a lot of slack from certain people (you know who you are) that we celebrate birthdays for up to a week at a time. However, there is logic and reason behind it. And yes, you will see all of the blog entries posted separately. So, just deal with it!!!!!
Cute Kyra turned 7 on August 14th. We went in for her annual check up to find that she is exactly on track. She is at the 0% for her weight and the 15% for her height. Yes, she is just as dainty as a fairy. (We tease her that she is going to go on her first day riding in a booster seat. She doesn't like that very much, but, she has to deal with her mother's pathetic teasing nature.) At her appointment we discussed her asthma and a terrible cough that she had developed. The doctor was concerned that it may turn to walking pneumonia and that she should take it easy!
That was fine with her. We sent Dad and Kaeson on a Moab trip with Uncle John and the cousins. She wasn't too terribly disappointed (except that she wanted to go camping) because I told her that the day was hers and that we could do whatever she wanted to do. So, this is her detailed amazing birthday day.
1. Got her hair done (by me)
2. Got her nails done (by me)
3. She took a three hour nap.
4. She laid in my bed and watched cartoons to her heart's content
5. She chose to eat ice cream right out of the carton.
6. She chose a banana slurpee.
7. She chose to go to Grandpa and Grandma's house for dinner.
8. She chose to jump on their tramp.
9. She chose to have the cake mashed in my face.
10. She chose to snuggle up with me and sleep in my bed that night.
Now, as far as the cake is concerned. My parents bought her a tiny little cake for her so that she could blow out candles on her actual birthday. When she blew out her candles, she announced her wish. It was that I would smash the cake in my own face. When I told her that I would take a big bite but, not smash it in my face, the uncles took over. Kyra gets what Kyra wants....oh, and by the way, why was it never like that when I was that age?????
Dalton pinned my arms behind me, Kyra and Dayn smashed the cake in my face. Hard I may add. I had strawberry up my nose and look like I had just left a clown school. Dad, being the kind hearted father that he is sat back and grabbed his camera phone and snapped away. And aren't those the most flattering pictures that you have ever seen. Me with the deranged look on my face and my bra strap showing!!!
Later that evening as we were watching Frasier together, she snuggled up to me and told me that this had been her best birthday ever. I can't tell you how much I love that little one. She is absolutely the light of my life!!!


2 comments:
I see NOTHING wrong with celebrating for a week. We tend to do the same thing. If you wanted to celebrate for a month, I would support it. Birthdays are a special event.
You are such a good sport but I suspect you have some plans in mind to get back at your brothers.
I'm glad Kyra had the best birthday ever! She deserves it! I totally believe in birthday weeks, if not, months!!!
Post a Comment