We opened presents and I was thrilled to get two of my favorite movies: Pride and Prejudice (bring on Mr. Darcy)and The Wedding Planner (bring on Matthew McConaughey!)a cute and fuzzy blanket and the chance to go to the Nickleback concert with some friends.
For my birthday, I had a couple of simple requests: get to church on time, do something fun with the kiddos and make it to my parents on time as well. We got to do all three! We made it to church but, did leave early. We went up the canyon for a short hike with the kids. Lastly, we took my mom by great surprise by showing up early at her house for dinner.
For dinner, mom made her famous cheese enchiladas and my sister made and decorate birthday cakes! It is amazing how many candles were on those cakes. They took forever to light. Seriously! Soon I am going to need a much larger cake.
The only sad part was that this evening at my parent's house did not end with anyone getting wet. After all of the water fights that we have had lately, I was a bit disappointed but, when the water bill shows up at their house, I am sure that they will be grateful that they skipped a day.
Thank you so much everyone for all of the great birthday wishes! I certainly had a wonderful day.


3 comments:
Looks like you had a great day! I'm glad you did! Happy Birthday!
Hope you had a great birthday. I don't like birthdays on Sundays either.
I would love to go to the mountains with your guys. Lets plan a night during the week if possible. My kids have only been to Silver Lake this year.
If you guys go up the canyon on a week night...I want to mooch and go too!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Post a Comment