Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kyra's First Day of School






Kyra finally started school again. I hate to say finally because I truly do enjoy spending time with her. She really is a wonderfully joyous child to have and I miss her when she is in school.

This year, she is starting second grade. SECOND GRADE!!!! When did she find time to grow up? I can't believe that she is already this far in school. Walking her to school today was a bit bitter sweet. For some reason, she thought that she was only having a meet the teacher day and didn't realize that it was a full on school day. She was rather upset and wasn't fully prepared for the whole thing. I don't know how we got our lines crossed but, somehow we did.

She looked darling though and was excited once she saw her cute friend, Kara. Kara has a way of making things better. Upon coming home, Kyra was thrilled that school had started. She was even more thrilled that I had packed her a chicken salad sandwich for lunch and she was on cloud nine that we had brownies for after school snacks.

I am having a harder and harder time with these first days of school. Next week when I drop Kaeson off, I think that I will end up being one big puddle.

3 comments:

Michele said...

She is so cute. I can't believe how big she is, even though she is so tiny.

Cute hair cut!

Foust Family said...

How cute! I'm glad she is enjoying second grade!!

Banks Family said...

You are a much better mom than I am. One child was left at school and the other had to wait at a friends house until I got home from Ikea. That was a great way to start off the year!!