I have a true love hate relationships with milestones. I LOVE seeing my cute little ones and all of the cute things that they do. I love it when they are able to figure things out on their own. I love seeing the sparkle in their eyes when they know that they are just a little bit more grown up. However, I have such a hard time watching them leave their little selves behind in this quest for great grown up grandeur. I about had a panic attack when Nena pierced her ears. I about died when I sent Bear on his first field trip ON A BUS yesterday. Granted, it was to the zoo, but I was a bit overwhelmed that he was going without me.
I think that I am having a tough time with Toad though. He is my baby and the last of the clan. Watching him hit these milestones is heartbreaking to me as I know that he truly is the last of the kiddos to achieve so many things. This last one did me in.
Toad learned to climb out of his crib a month or so ago and although it was cute at the time, the way he climbs out is a bit Evil Kinevalish. I am really afraid one of these days he is going to take himself out literally and figuratively. So, I have been offering him the choice lately to sleep in his crib or in his big boy bed. Yesterday, he chose the bed. I was floored. However, he was happy and complied. He chose the bed again for nap time and again for bedtime tonight.
Although a little restless because of the new mattress, he is so excited that he is grown up and is now wanting me to call him by his real first name and not Toad any more. I however, am NOT going to give up on that one. He is my Toad and will always be just that.


2 comments:
He is so cute though.
Does he even know what his real name is?
NO! He will always be Toad. He will 22 years old and Julie will say, "Hey Toad" and he'll say, "REALLY? WHEN are you ever going to call me by my real name?" Never Toad. Never.
Post a Comment