You know, today I was thinking about a couple of the trials that I am going through in my life right now and how there are days where I feel like I can barely breathe. I thought about sitting down and writing up a blog on how life doesn't ever really turn out the way that you plan it. I wanted to express my feelings on how frustrating it is to have a son with some special needs, another son who is hit and miss with potty training. I wanted to vent my disgust at having to do mounds of laundry and dishes every day. I thought about sharing some frustrations of being a mother who is trying her very best but sometimes falls a little short. I was going to share my woes on my recent realization that if I don't do it, it won't get done and how sometimes it is tough to pull off the one man show.
I was formulating all of these thoughts in my mind for one of my epic vent blogs when I came across this video made by Stepanie Nielson of the Nie Nie Dialogs. After watching this, I know that I have no room to complain about my trials. I am not saying that my trials are not significant and in their own way scarring nor that yours are not the same.
I watch this amazing woman and her family and how they are able to make it through life. I look at her and think that if she is able to make it through such a horrendous ordeal and be such a positive glowing soul, than I most certainly can come through mine.
I read a quote a while back that said: "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our back. I know that that is easier said than done but, often times, we don't see what others are going through. We just see what they want us to see. I look at the trials that I am going through and although I never in my life envisioned having to deal with them, I am grateful for them as they are making me stronger.
I am learning so much right now, more than any other time in my life that I need to depend on my Heavenly Father and his infinite wisdom. Another quote that I read today hit the very inner workings of my soul, "If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it." That is my new motto. I know that I am loved and for now, that is all that I need to know.


2 comments:
Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you. I love you.
You are an amazing woman and you are stronger than you know.
Post a Comment