I found this fun pattern in an old pattern stash. I changed it around a bit and added the brim. This is not the best picture. Kyra was not happy modeling for me but, it is SO cute on. I had a lot of fun with the flower motif.
I came up with the pattern after buying the yarn. I was standing in line at the store buying my favorite cotton yarns and the lady in line ahead of me mentioned that there were some fun yarns on clearance at the back of the store. On my way out, I stopped to see what was there. I have seen the ribbon yarn before and thought that it looked fun but had no idea what to do with it. I saw this mix of colors called Autumn Leaves and thought that it would make a pretty beret. So, this is what I came up with. I really like the look of it. It has a lot of texture and interest to it. The picture really doesn't do it justice.
This one is really cute but didn't photograph well. Kyra was getting really annoyed at me by this point and did not want to cooperate. This has a straighter edge and a beret top. It is kind of a hybrid. I think that next time I will use a bit of a larger hook size. I LOVE the color though. I used a new cotton on this one and I really liked working with it. Unfortunately, will all things that I like, it is a lot more expensive.


5 comments:
Those are so cute. How much do you sell them for. I think they'd be adorable on Hailey!
I really like the russian beret. I think I would need to curl Emma's hair in it, or it would swallow her head it's so small! I wish I could offer help on the web site, but this is where I'm lacking, I hate to be lacking! After reading your post about Kyra and her annoyance, it made me think back to my dad and his crazy photography, if I had a nickle for every minute I sat so he could adjust the light meeter....good times!
How do I find your stuff on ebay and esty? Do you have store names on there?
You are so incredibly talented. Thank you for sharing your talent.
Very cute hats Darci! If you need help with a website, Andrew is a great web designer.
I like all of your hats Darci! Everyone of them is unique and cute. I would like one that would look cute on a boy since I have two boys. (my two cents.)
Post a Comment