It is no secret that I am in love with Autumn. It is, in my opinion, the most nostalgic season. I love the sights, the smells and the ambience of all that Fall brings. The colors are so warm and rich and inviting. There is something about Autumn that makes me wish that I could bottle it up and open it up during the cold snowy slushy days of January or on those hotter than life July afternoons.
This week, we took the kids to the pumpkin patch to pick their pumpkin. They are at such an amazing age of awe and wonder. They took time to look at every single pumpkin. Kyra was thrilled to find mini baby pumpkins. Whe knew that if she was to decorate her fairy door with a mini pumpkin and "spider webs" that Tinkerbell would come and visit.
Kaeson was finding pumpkins twice his size and claiming that he could muscle them into the wheel barrow himself. He didn't stop until he found the absolute best pumpkin in the patch. He ended up picking a smallish size pumpkin with a very long, windy stem. He said that he wanted one that was different because different was good. What a wise little soul.
Kelton was just happy to be out of the house. He loved the wheel barrow ride and being allowed to crawl on the dirt. After all, he is a boy and what else is there to life when you are a small boy but dirt!


3 comments:
Pumpkin patches are awesome. Looks like you had a great day.
We are very behind on our pumpkining this year. Hopefully there will be a couple left in all the craziness. I still can't believe Kelty's one (I'm reading from newest to oldest)
Pumpkin patches are my favorite! That pumpkin looks as big as Kelton. :)
Post a Comment