Over the past couple of weeks, we have had quite the down pour of rain. We have had more rain than we have had in recent history. In fact, you should see my yard. It has never looked so good. My grass is green and my mini roses are blooming like crazy. Sadly however, my pansies didn't make it. I planted them the day before the rain started and they just didn't tolerate it.

At the moment, I am reading the Twilight series. I have been struggling with getting into the second book. However, after a suggestion from a friend and her husband, I forced myself through the first 7 chapters and now I am quite in love with the book again. This weather has made me feel like I am part of the book. Every time it rains now, I pull out the book, sit back to
But, I digress. As much as I love this weather, I am ready for the sun again. We have had a hard time getting out of the house with all of this down pour. My boys are in desperate need of playing outside and I am in desperate need of a break! We are supposed to be getting even more rain throughout this next week. I am ready to call it quits.
The last time I remember having this much rain, I was on my mission. We used to get caught in the middle of flash flood storms. The days would be hot and muggy at well over 100 degrees and the rain would hit out of nowhere. I remember watching the clouds and water approach like a waterfall. We have
to take shelter in strangers homes, drenched in water and end up teaching a discussion.
The last time I remember having this much rain, I was on my mission. We used to get caught in the middle of flash flood storms. The days would be hot and muggy at well over 100 degrees and the rain would hit out of nowhere. I remember watching the clouds and water approach like a waterfall. We have
to take shelter in strangers homes, drenched in water and end up teaching a discussion.However, with all is said and done, I love the rain, but, could use a bit of a break.





.jpg)



5 comments:
I agree about the smell of rain. Due to my horticulture classes, I learned that the smell is actually due to the nitrogen being released by the plants because they are so happy to have the water, with elements in it that are not in our hose water.
Additionally, my sister when to Forks 2 years ago for spring break. Dead serious! I will send you a link to her photos. They are fun!
I love your photo of you on your mission. So cute!
I like the rain too but I'm done with it. It has obliterated my poor cucumber seedlings. We are headed for warm and dry in Las Vegas :)
I usually like the rain too. With UT having all the stormy and cooler weather, we here in AR are getting tornado threats! It's crazy! The storms pop up out of nowhere and the days are so muggy you feel like you could just swim to the mailbox. lol.
I just want the rain to quit so we can actually finish our baseball season some time this year!!
Big rain storms also remind me of the DR. My last day with you in Yaguate we had a huge storm. I think I remember washing our hair in the rain coming off the roof. Oh....and covering our head in a garbage bag to keep it from getting wet.
Post a Comment