Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Swiss Days

Every Labor Day weekend, Midway Utah hosts a huge event called Swiss Days. Swiss Days hosts all sorts of fun and entertaining events. There is food, entertainment, sheep hurding, and da da da da vendor booths.

I am a complete vendor booth junkie. It doesn't matter where the vendor booths are, I crave them. I frequent The Quilted Bear, Gardner Village, and even the State Fair. Yep, I do them all. I don't go spend crazy although secretly, I would love to. I leave my debit card and check book at home, get $20 from the ATM and leave that as my spending limit. I hate it but, it works for my budget.

However, the REAL reason that I frequent these booths is to see what is hip, chic and popular. I like to see what everyone else is doing and what the current trends in handiwork is. Do I do this because I am in awe of others work. Well, maybe a little. My real reason is so that I can come up with new and fun craft ideas for myself.

This year, I found several cute ideas that I have fallen in love with. I immediately came home and googled some springboard places and have subsequently made several of the fun things that I saw. To boot, I have found a few ways to tweek them and make them my own. I am so thrilled that I can barely eek out this post. I am excited to see what I can do with this!!!!

1 comment:

Michele said...

You are so incredibly creative. To be able to look at something and figure out how to make it takes immense talent.