Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tousle Me Softly


I have a love / hate relationship with my hair. Don't we all feel like that on occasion?

I will tell you though, I have an AMAZING stylist. Lori is truly gifted and I love what she does. Now I just tell her to do whatever she wants and I always leave ecstatic. I even sold my Nickelback tickets so that I could go get my hair done by her. Well, that is not the only reason but, it does make for a good story doesn't it. She laughs when I tell her that my haircut was SO much better than Nickelback. If you are in need of a stylist, you HAVE to go see Lori.

This last time I had my hair done by her, I bought her miracle round brush and for the first time in my life, I can actually round brush my hair. LOVE IT! It takes me nearly 40 minutes to do it but, I think that it will get better.

One of the main reasons that I have this bittersweet feeling with my hair is that it is now curly. Not the good, cute, die for curly. It is just curly enough to drive me nuts but, not enough to make anything work well. It is super full underneath and completely flat on top. So, you can understand my hopefulness when I saw the commercial for Tousle Me Softly on TV. It shows this woman with absolutely gorgeous thick barrel curls bouncing all over the place.

I am usually not sucked in by commercials promising unrealistic endings to my wild dreams. However, I happened to come across a couple of reviews on the internet and I was sucked right in. People were raving about it. They were saying that it was the best thing since.... whatever the best thing was before Tousle Me Softly. So, what do I do? I pass it today in the grocery store and it was on sale at a ridiculously low price so, I caved in and bought it.

After bringing it home, I tried it out. At first, I looked like a poodle but, it soon calmed down and I think that I may just like this product...maybe. My hair didn't turn out like the commerical promised. I definately didn't get the model perfect, amazing barrel curls that I was shooting for but.... I kinda liked it a little bit. I am asking for honest opinions here. What do you think? Now, I know that the pictures are not the most flattering but, until I can get someone else to snap a picture of it, these will have to do. HONEST OPINIONS PLEASE!

5 comments:

Anne Madeleine said...

I think it's really pretty. It makes it look like those are your perfect, natural curls. And coming from somebody who has been at all-out war with my naturally curly hair since I was born, that's really something.

Michele said...

I think it looks really good. I love the back. It looks so perfect. I wish I too could get my curls to look that good.

Did you know that curls are the dominant gene?

Foust Family said...

I like it! Very cute!

Rebecca R. Farnsworth said...

Looks great. That is what my hair looks like on curly days. (Mine is neither straight or curly consistently. It tends to decide on a daily basis what it will do).

Banks Family said...

I loved your hair today at church. I was going to ask you how you did it but I didn't see you after. Herbal Essence dries my hair our if I use the shampoo. I use to do customer service for them. Remember those risque adds