Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dads Dads Dads



I am remiss that I have yet to touch the subject of dads. Father's Day has come and gone without mention from me of the dads that play an important role in my life.


First, Harvey is a great dad and loves his kiddos very much. He has made a tradition of story time every night and has acquired quite the plethera of comical narrative voices. He is our soccer coach and loves it. He has changed more diapers than any other man that I know. When in the car driving to my parents house, I asked the kids why they loved their dad. Kyra answered that he played with her and that he read her stories. Kaeson answered "Because he is my best friend." Ahh. Melt my heart. In the grand scheme of life, Harvey is a new dad however, he is wise beyond his years. He is amazingly patient, kind and loving. I am a very lucky wife.



Second, my dear dad. I think that I have the best dad in the world. Growing up, we had a large family and not a lot of money. My dad was able to make every day an adventure and every moment fun. I am where I am in life because of my mom's persistance with school and the arts. However, I am who I am in life because of my dad. He is a great example to me of taking what life has to offer and make the most out of it. You can't choose your trials in life but you can absolutely choose how you handle them. Thank you dad. I am very lucky to be your daughter.


Thank you, both of you. You are both incredible men and I love you both very much. You make me want to be a better person and help me realize who I can become if I only dare to stretch.

1 comment:

quadmom said...

Darci,
Thanks for checking out my blog. I hope that you're doing well. What a cute family you have. I need to add your blog to mine so I can keep up with what's going on with you. Take care!