Sunday, June 8, 2008

Too Literal


Apparently, I have to watch what I say around my kiddos because the literal bug has attached itself to our family. Follow the conversation.


Kyra: Mom I have a very smart brain.


Mom: Of course you do.


Kyra: But mama, not everyone has a brain.


Mom: Well, most everyone does have a brain.


Kyra: No, mom. Kaeson doesn't have a brain.


Mom: Yes he does sweetie. Kaeson has a very smart brain too.


Kaeson: (from outside the room): No I don't. I don't have a brain.


Mom: Yes you do Kaes. You have a very smart brain.


Kaeson: (now in the room) No I don't. I don't have a brain I have a coconut.


Mom: Where is your brain?


Kaeson: Gone


Mom: Then what do you have in your head?


Kaeson: A coconut.


Whenever Kaeson is acting like a dare devil or doing something a bit dangerous, we tell him to stop or else he will break his coconut. Now he is convinced that his brain is gone and he is functioning with just a coconut.


My brother gave him a coconut with a face drawn on it for his birthday. Kaeson didn't know just how to react to the coconut. He wasn't sure how it got out of his head or how he was functioning without it. He is now fine with the idea that he is coinciding peacefully with his coconut that he has now affectionately named "Mike."

No comments: