Kelton has been a wonderfully calming and enjoyable child. We have thoroughly enjoyed being his parents and are grateful every day that his has graced us with our presence.
Having said that, I have to tell you that he has done his fair share of scaring us to death during his short little life. He tried from the time I was seven months pregnant to come early putting me on bed rest and in the hospital several times.
At three months old, he got his first ear infection. He landed himself in the hospital 2 days later with RSV for more than a week.
Since that time, we have had five more double ear infections (surgery is scheduled for August 13 YEAH!!!) and more little cold than I want to count.
Today was our scary moment. We didn't go to church because Kelty has had a fever and I think I have an ear infection. After Harvey came home from his accounting duties, we were playing around with Kelty. Harvey put Kelty on the floor and him being the cuddle bug that he is didn't want to be put down and started to cry. Moments after starting to cry, he stopped short and started to turn blue. His eyes rolled back in his head and we freaked out. We had to call the paramedics. By the time they got here, he was breathing again and was getting his color back. He was alert and semi playful. The paramedics stayed for a while to make sure that he was doing well and said that they didn't feel that he needed to go anywhere by ambulance. They thought that he may have choked from crying.
We did end up having him seen and it turns out that what happened is not "normal" but can happen. Some small children can pass out if they get too stimulated either laughing or crying or getting upset. We just have to watch him and try to keep him calm.
He is doing great. I just had to vent this out into the void of the six of you that read this blog on occasion. I am not trying to complain just venting. Thanks for being my good friends despite my whining.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Things like this are reminders of how blessed we are to have children. And to never take them for granted.
How scary.;(I am glad that he was okay I hope you are oikay too. I am sure you were shaken up.
It's okay to whine about things that happen with your children. I thought that I was blessed with the perfect child, once I got through getting him here, but alas he chokes and throws up all the time which messes up the schedule for the whole day! What can you do, just love them, and take care of them and enjoys those smiles!
Kelton has very bad reflux but unfortunately, that is not the problem. He has a condition (that we found out about on Sunday) that if he get super stimulated, he can stop breathing and pass out. Apparently, it is not common but not unusual either. Whatever in the world that means.
Darci, you are such a great mother! You have been through so much with this sweet boy and you seem so calm and collective about everything. I would be a mess. Kelty deserves and is meant to be with such great parents!
Wow, I hope that's something he grows out of! Glad everything's ok!
Schedules?!? What's that?? Poor little Kelty, watch him Darci, don't want anything to happen to my little time share babe`
First of all, why does this always happen on my end of the time share? Secondly, you are due for your turn of the time share don't you think. I think that he would like to come spend a weekend at Auntie Sherrie's.
Post a Comment