Saturday, June 21, 2008

Fairy Festival





How often in life do we find ourselves completely and totally in our own element. When do you find ourselves completely at peace with the world, with who we are and who we are becoming. That was today for Kyra Monet.


Kyra absolutely knows that she is a fairy at heart and will swear to the fact that a tiny pair of wings are sprouting on her little back.


Today at Engh Gardens, they held a fairy festival. I had previously made Kyra a fairy costume and she has been wearing it non stop. We took it today to the festival and let her soak in all of her glory.


I find myself every day wishing that I could keep my kids this little. I love their little looks, their little gestures and their outakes on life. Watching my sweet little girl today was a complete indulgence of life. There were so many moments that I wanted to bottle and keep forever.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Darci, I think you too are a fairy with little wings sprouting as we speak!

Faires Bears and Toads said...

I know. I am a total geek when it comes to that. I am in love with the fact that she is in love with fairies. I need to grow up and get a life. No, wait, I am too busy.