Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gr8 Tag by Sally

Sally has the best tags and I love doing them. As we all know, I do not journal nor do I keep a diary. I would love it if my mother or grandmother had written down quirky little things about themselves. I would love to know what they liked to do, what they thought or what wierd disgusting thing they had pulled out of their window well (another story for another time)

So, I am trying my best to keep up on the poor little pathetic blog so that I that can print it off into a book. Now, mind you, this is not for vanity sake as I do not consider my life amusing in the least. It is however, for future generations to read and say "What in the world was wrong with that woman. Let's all learn volumes from her misktakes." Also, I do hope that my kiddos look at this someday and say, "Our mom really did love us."

So, in the spirit of journaling and because I feel like blogging, he comes another tag. I tag anyone that would like to participate in preserving your wierdness for future generations!

8 T.V. Shows that I like to watch

1. Frasier: Very well written wit catches my attention. It does bug me how many women Frasier "dates" though.

2. Antiques Roadshow: I love seeing how much other's junk is worth and still knowing that mine isn't worth a cent.

3. Ghost Hunter: You all know that I think that I have a ghost in my house, but I am ok with that.

4. People's Court: I now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you should not put someone else's cell phone on your credit or do anything in life without a contract. I know, this one is a little white trash

5. Oprah: Dr. Oz and Suzie Orman have me scared out of my wits but what can you do? I keep hoping that I get chosen for the "Oprahs Favorite Things" episode. Knowing me though, I will be chosen for the "Mom's on the Brink of Self Destruction" episode.

6. The Office: I actually got hooked to the British version first thanks to my brothers and I could watch their finale every day and still bawl my eyes out.

7. Fairly Odd Parents: I had to put a cartoon in here. It is the only one that I will watch with my kids. The humor is hilarious for adults and I love that the woman fairy uses her hubby's head as a purse. I think that they really have a good thing going there.

8. Good Things Utah: I love watching all of those stay at home moms market the products that for years I have thought would be a good idea. Why don't I just do it and let ME get the money for it?


Favorite Restaruants: (Hello, anything that I don't cook is the bomb!)

1. Red Lobster: Oldie but goodie. Do you remember that we had commercials for it in Utah for YEARS before we actually had the restaraunt. Coincidentally, this one is Kyra's too. I recommend the Crab Stuffed Flounder.

2. Cafe Rio: I used to frequent this one like it was the grocery store. Then I found out that their pork salad has somewhere around 2000 calories. I cut back the frequency but not the craving.

3. Olive Garden: I seriously can't get enough of the soup, salad and breadsticks meal.

4. Leatherby's: Not a restaruant per say but, it is a great place to go. My peeps and I frequent it just to catch up on each others lives and gossip about our hubbies.

5. McDonald's: Ok, don't cringe. I really like their two cheese burger combo meal. Plus, I can take the kids, let them play and read the latest issue of Altered Couture.

6. Zupas: Emmy turned me onto this one and I am totally hooked. Anwhere that I can get sandwiches, soups and salads like that has my vote.

7. The Pie Pizzaria: I am a complete sucker for pizza. I have been since I was pregnant with Kyra. I can't get enough of it and would eat it every day.

8. Sweet Tomatoes: I LOVE salads. I wish that I could just install a never ending salad bar in my kitchen. I don't know if that adds or detracts from a home value though.

8 Things I did Today

1. Got my kids in the car and off to school. They even got there ON TIME, with no crying and we sang Christmas carols the whole time.

2. Celebrated that my husband got a call telling him that he had the day off and then I didn't see him for the rest of the day.

3. Went to lunch with Harvey's cousin and Harvey's brother's ex-wife. Strange situation but still a lot of fun.

4. Nearly fell over when my little baby Kelty gave me a kiss. He has never done that before.

5. Gave myself a facial, manicure and pedicure. I never pay to have these things done but I really needed some sort of uplift. Now, I need to go get my hair colored and cut!

6. Did a dance of happiness when our contractor came over and install heating vents and told us that our sheetrock was coming today. He actually looked at me a bit funny when I did that.

7. Ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's that my cute husband picked up for me just because.

8. Snuggled with Kaeson until he fell asleep. That was my favorite part of the day.

8 Things that I Look Forward To:

1. The day when my basement construction is over and I can one again sit in my theater room and eat popcorn.

2. My brother-in-law, niece and nephew coming up to visit us in 2 weeks!

3. Putting up the Christmas tree and all of my fun decorations.

4. The day we pay our house and car off and are completely out of debt. Then I can really relax.

5. Going on vacation to some place warm. I can't stand winter and could do without snow for the rest of my life.

6. Revamping my bedroom. That is the only room now that we have not touched since moving into our house. It is the last on the priority list and the one room that really needs it.

7. Getting all of my medical issues taken care of and out of the way. January 6th!

8. Getting my little business off the ground. Even just a little bit.

8 Things on my Wishlist (now you get to see my greedy, worldly side)

1. This beautiful diamond Tiffany eternity band that I have been eyeing for 10 years. However, I will NEVER pay that price for it. So, it will remain on my wishlist forever.

2. The new mega, ultra suave, all in one Bernina embroidery machine. I don't "need" it that is why it is on a wish list.

3. A new super fun swing set for my kiddos and the yard to go with it. We keep saying that we are going to do this. However, life seems to get away from us and we dont' get it purchased. Next year for sure.

4. Wii Fit. Where in the world do you find those things. I am beginning to think that they really do not exist. Just and urban legend.

5. A perfectly cleaned and organzied house. Do they have some sort of service for that? I am looking at our storage room and garage and wondering where in the world we aquired all of this stuff.

6. Take my kiddos on a Disney Cruise. However, with three kiddos, you have to splurge for a suite and that costs an arm and a leg. We priced it out and with airfare and the cruise it is well over 5K.

7. To find a strategy that works for my little Kaeson and for him to be happy and under control and progressing in the way that he should be.

8. To be able to sit back and enjoy my kiddos amidst the choas that is my life. They are only young once and I certainly don't want to miss it or exchange it for something of no worth.

No comments: