

After school today, Kyra hopped in the car and said, "Mom, do you want to hear a story."
"Sure, I would love to." came my response. And thus came the history of our nation.
A long time ago, I think that it was 1987, there were a lot of people that lived in a different state. They had a king that wanted them to go to his church but they didn't want to. I don't think that they had a primary at their church. So, they got on a big boat, like a cruise ship with sails and they came across the oceans. Their boat wasn't very nice mom. They didn't even have showers. They had to throw up over the sides. They didn't have potties so, they used buckets. When they got here, I think they came to a rock in Utah. They got off the boat and had a big dinner party with the indians. They even had dolls made out of corn cobs. Doesn't that sound awful mom. I mean, can you imagine going potty in a bucket.... on a cruise!
So, after the whole history lesson, she is fixated on the fact that the Pilgrims got to go on a cruise and now she doesn't ever want to go on one because she can't shower and she WONT go potty in a bucket.
"Sure, I would love to." came my response. And thus came the history of our nation.
A long time ago, I think that it was 1987, there were a lot of people that lived in a different state. They had a king that wanted them to go to his church but they didn't want to. I don't think that they had a primary at their church. So, they got on a big boat, like a cruise ship with sails and they came across the oceans. Their boat wasn't very nice mom. They didn't even have showers. They had to throw up over the sides. They didn't have potties so, they used buckets. When they got here, I think they came to a rock in Utah. They got off the boat and had a big dinner party with the indians. They even had dolls made out of corn cobs. Doesn't that sound awful mom. I mean, can you imagine going potty in a bucket.... on a cruise!
So, after the whole history lesson, she is fixated on the fact that the Pilgrims got to go on a cruise and now she doesn't ever want to go on one because she can't shower and she WONT go potty in a bucket.


5 comments:
That is a perfect history lesson!
More cruise for us:)
This sounds just like a cruise someone told me about, recently. Just tell her that you won't be going with the bad luck cruise fairy (Leigh)so all the potty's will work.
She should write a book. That's the sort of story I like to read and I'm not even joking.
I love stories from kids! She is adorable! When Kamee was in first grade she came home and told me that the first president's name was George Washer. It cracked me up! This is such a fun age! I miss it!
Post a Comment