Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween

That great time of year has once again graced us with its presence. What a great time for kids. Not only can they go pillaging through the neighborhood looking for all of the sugar that they can get their hands on but they can wear whatever their little hearts desire. What a thrill for them. This night is all about them.


This year, we had a total theme in tow for our kids. The great thing was that they had planned it themselves. Kyra wanted to be a princess with the cone hat, Kaeson a dragon, and Toad was going to be...welll...a toad. Actually a frog prince.I had the costumes all planned out. I spent hours working on Kyra's costume. She was going to look great. At the last minute, we had a wardrobe malfunction. Dustin gave her a nurse costume for her birthday and she just HAD to wear that instead. I was all ready to make Kaeson's, but when I found a fab dragon costume at Old Navy for $15, how could I pass that up. After he came home from trick or treating we realized that we had sent him out trick or treating with his patch on. So, we called him a pirate dragon and he loved that idea. Whew... crisis averted.
We then borrowed Toad's great costume. He LOVED his costume and cried when we took it off of him. Also, he kept the hood on the entire day. He had one sweaty head but I have never seen a happier toad in my life.
So, all in all. My intentions were great on having a wondefully put together theme. Then again, when does life ever follow the plan that you have for it. The joy is to hop on and enjoy where the ride takes you.
What a great day. I love the fact that my children absolutely love being children. They have no desire to ever grow up. I don't think that I want them to either.




5 comments:

Michele said...

That is so awesome that Keason kept his hat on. You have trained your children so well when it comes to things on their heads.
Your kids look adorable!

Melinda said...

They look adorable :)

The Burts said...

Very cute costumes! It sounds like you had a great Halloween.

Kate Mc2 said...

What cute costumes! Your son wearing the hat all day reminds me of a story that my family tries to embarrass me with: I would never take off my Big Bird hat! I had to have it all day, every day! I'm still not embarrassed by it!
By the way, I love that picture of him with the lolly pop! That's just precious!

Sherrie said...

At least you have pictures. James forgot to get them, but I guess wife in the hospital trumps that in his mind.