There are days when I think that I don't accomplish a thing. The laundry is piled to the sky. The bathrooms are in serious need of a scrub. I have no idea where my iron is. There is a new dent the in the wall that has to be patched.
However, I think that I haven't been seeing the forest for the trees. A lot of times I get so caught up in there here and now that I don't realize how far I have really come. I got home from my mission 10 1/2 years ago (Now seeing that in print, I am about to fall off my chair. It can't belive that it has been that long) and looking back, I think that I have accomplished a lot.
1. Returned from a mission to the Dominican Republic.
2. Perfected speaking Spanish.
3. Received my Spanish Medical Translator license
4. Met and married a great guy.
5. Earned a B.A. in teaching
6. Taught Elementary Ed for 4 years.
7. Earned a M.Ed in education administration
7. Travelled to Bahamas, Mexico, Virgin Islands, New Zealand, and Cali, Florida, Las Vegas and Houston several times each.
8. Bought four cars
9. Had three of the most amazing children in the world.
10. Had a miscarriage
11. Received my Reading Specialist license
12. Sold a house
13. Bought a house.
14. Learned to dance Salsa
15. Learned to sew
16. Lost 3 of my grandparents
17. Learned to love brussel sprouts
18. Started hating chicken
19. Started decorating cakes
20. Had several surgeries
21. Got two speeding tickets in the same exact spot
22. Cut my hair short, dyed it dark brown and went back again
23. Resumed teaching flute and piano lessons
24. Met some amazing friends
25. Found some amazing friends from high school and college
26. Spent the night in the hospital with all of my kids.
27. Learned to love biking, snow shoeing and 5 K's.
28. Stood up for my children
29. Made mistakes
30. Learned from them.
31. Bought an amazing pair of jeans
32. Found the best hairstylist in the world
33. Started a blog
34. Got engaged twice
35. Lost all of the babyfat that I was holding onto from high school and the mission.
36. Called poison control atleast 20 times.
37. Worked in a dance club.
38. Taught primary for 9 years.
39. Learned to cook (very loose sense of the word)
40. Received amazing advice that I followed
41. Been on national television
42. Started up a home business and website
43. Have become very grateful for my parents
44. Realized that I really don't know everything
45. Spent too much money
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
You have had an incredible last 10 years!
I knew you had decorated cakes. What are you talking about mine being that good...I remember yours!
I want to see your new do. If I remember correctly you were going to have something done on Friday.
You are incredible woman and you have some some awesome things. I am blessed to have you as a friend.
YOU have been busy! It's amazing to see all that has happened. Let's all have a GNO soon!!!!
Has it really been that long since we came home from our missions? Wow! You really have done some amazing things. I am so glad to still be considered your friend after all these years. What a blessing it has been to be your mission companion.
Post a Comment