Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Apology

This morning was choas. I woke up late only which I rarely do (yeah right) and that threw the rest of my day into havoc. I quickly starting running around throwing kiddos into the shower and retrieving the towels and socks from the dryer.

I went into Kelty's room only to find a poor whining kid with a raw little bottom. He hasn't been feeling very well for a couple of days and I knew that this was the last straw. I called the pediatrician and set up our appointment for 9:30. That added a new kink to the day. In addition to getting the kiddos ready for school, I had to now get myself ready before school started as well.

Harvey, sensing my stress, kicked in at full speed. He helped me dress Kaeson and he took care of little Toads raw hide. Additionally, he fed the kiddos and did another round of Kyra's spelling word timed test.

Just before we were to leave, I realized that I could find only one shoe from ever pair of shoes that I own. What in the world???? Are my shoes in some sort of civil war and have half of them fled south? Anyway, Harvey kicked in a searched through our house trying to find one matching pair. Finally, in the abyss of the coat closet, he found my old faithful chunky open toes sandals. Ok, it is December, but whatever works.

He then went and put both Kelty and Kyra in the van and started it so that the car would get warm while I sat still trying to get Kaeson's shoes on him.

Finally, after all of that, I threw Kaeson in the car and started to take off. A nano second later, Harvey started chasing the car and went to open the sliding door. In a fit of disgust, I lowered the window a crack and said something along the lines that we didn't have time for him to give all of the kids a kiss.

So, we barely made it on time to Kyra's school. We were several minutes late for Kaeson's. We were on time for the doctor appointment. We fot in and out of the pharmacy (where we incidentally spent another $50 on prescriptions) without incident. We raced back over to pick up Kaeson and got home jus time for lunch. I got Kelty out of the car and looked down to pick up his shoe and saw what Harvey was really running after the car for....his lunch....that he had made himself.

I felt TERRIBLE! Yes, I did call and apologize. He simply laughed and told me that all was ok. He is a great guy and from now on I will make sure that he has his lunch!

2 comments:

me and my boys said...

skype password? That's nothin'. At least I don't take food out of my husband's mouth;)

rusted sun said...

Isn't it such a blessing to have a wonderful, patient and forgiving husband?