Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Tree is Up!

Usually by this time of year, we are have decked our halls and have the holly jolly spirit but this year seems to have flown by in a flash. We are left with two weeks to Christmas and are just barely starting to get our Fa La La La La's on.



I remember looking forward to Christmas for what seemed liked months. My parents never seemed stressed and we always had such great holiday traditions. I remember having such a fantastic time as a child and have nothing but fantastic memories!



I hope that our delayed start to Christmas has not stiffled our kiddos chance to enjoy the festivities. I really need to kick this into high gear and get my little ones doped up on the holidays.


But, I digress! We finally got the tree up. Yes, we are three weeks late in doing it but, hey, it is there. Toad pooped out early (literally and figuratively) so, he enjoyed putting his ornament on the next day. Every year the kiddos pick a new ornament and we place it on the tree. They love looking through the box and finding the ones that they have bought over the past several years. I am looking forward to looking at the tree 20 years from now and remembering each and every ornament!

4 comments:

irbuanosraL said...

Hey girl! What a beautilful family. I love your blog! Take care-Aubri

Sherrie said...

I'M SOOOO SORRY!! I keep missing your blog, right now you are in no mans land. I haven't figured out how to get you down to the pass word group and since you're not at the top with the new updates I never see your name. Being the middle child is hard.

I'm going to comment on all your recent posts in this one-hope that's okay.
Sorry about Kelty's bum---we have a similar situation here.
Sorry about Harvey's lunch-But seriously still laughing, he's so good natured about those kinds of things.
Love the tree, even if it's late, it's still good! I can't seem to get in the mode myself. The trees are up, but no lights outside and for some reason Christmas music sounds aweful. I'm gonna need icecream soon, bring in the troops.

Michele said...

I think that is a great tradition with the ornaments. Your tree looks great!

Melinda said...

After reading your blog, I started the ornament tradition with my boys. I let them each pick one at the store and they put them on the tree. They really loved it. Thanks :)