Friday evening at about 7:00, we got a phone call. We were informed that we were going to have a visit from a jolly old elf. He only had 10 minutes because he was off to visit other boys and girls in the valley but he would knocking at our door momentarily.
Momentarily was right. I quickly wiped the Spagetti-O's off of the kids faces and ran to find a brush when there was a know at the door. Well, the search for a brush was in vain. We no longer had time for that particular quest. Kaeson ran to the door and peered out the window. He started jumping up and down and screaming "Santa is here, Santa is here." This then paralyzed him from doing anything else.
I ended up running to the door and letting Santa in. He came in, sat down and had the kids sit on his lap. My kiddos were absolutely speechless! They literally could barely utter a word. Kyra managed to eek out one gift that she would like for Christmas. Kaeson was crushed for two straight days that he had forgotten to tell Santa his desires for a life jacket and a scuba suit.

Out cute Santa brought each of our kiddos a handmade toy car and a candy cane. Kelty was in 7th heaven even though his diaper was about to fall off. Then, Santa had to leave. The kids watched through the front window as he walked down the front walk way. Kaeson was in shock over the fact that Santa got into a car instead of a sleigh! We reassured him that Santa couldn't get his sleigh into the neighborhood so, he had to drive in. His car was probaby parked around the corner. So, what does Kaeson do, he runs out of the house trying to chase down Santas car so that he can find the sleigh.
All in all, it was a great surprise. I have to admit that I truly do believe in Santa. I have seen him in my house.... in my living room. I only hope that he was willing to overlook my messy little house and still send me a Christmas present


1 comment:
I remember when I was 10 years old Santa came to our home. Yes more than 20 years later it stands out in my memory stronger than many other Christmas'. My point, what a special gift for your babies. I am sure they will remember and treasure this for a long time to come.
And let me tell you, to this day my mom doesn't know who asked him to come to our house. He MUST have been the real Santa to know that we needed him to visit since our mom couldn't take us to see him at the mall that year.
Post a Comment