Monday, March 2, 2009

Dr. Suess Day


Today at school was Dr. Suess day. They sent home a flier on Friday informing the parents that the children could have crazy hair, wear a crazy hat or dress like their favorite Dr. Suess character. As it is typical for me, I completely forgot because I didn't write it on my calendar (note to self: get a portable calendar or PDA.)

So, last night after returning from dinner at my parents house, Kyra brought the note up to me and reminded me that I needed to get on the ball and figure something out. So, we decided to do crazy hat and crazy hair.

I called my friend Julie and went straight to work making the crazy hat. Well, you can't have a hat without the outfit so, she got the whole shebang! I wasn't sure if by the end she looked more like a "Who" or a hippie. Either way, she liked it.

(Please ignore the fact that the baseboard are STILL not up even though the hardwood has been installed for nearly two years now!)

3 comments:

Jaclyn, Brandon, Ava & Emma said...

she looked so cute today! It worked out perfectly!

Michele said...

I cannot believe how talented you are! You are incredible!!! Kyra looks so cute.

Kate Mc2 said...

Way cute, Darci!! I want to sew as good as you do!!