Saturday, March 21, 2009

Moab Half Marathon

Atleast once a year we head on a road trip that is completely based around one of Harvey's runs. We have been to the St. George Marathon more about 5 times. This year Harvey decided to join Lou on the Moab Half Marathon. I have never been to Moab so despite the fact that these road trips are extremely stressful for me, I was excited to go.

I was up until 4:00 a.m. Thursday night finishing laundry, packing and getting stuff together. That sounds terrible until I tell you that I was up watching a movie with a friend until 1:30 a.m. So, I was tired from the getgo. I assumed the kiddos would sleep on the trip down. NOPE! Not a wink. We ended up with some cranky little kiddos. One of which has an ear infection. I will also admit that I was starting to walk on the cranky side too!!





The scenery was beautiful and the drive down was peaceful. Last night was not as much fun. Kelty would not go to sleep and was up forever crying. I finally had to take him on a walk at 11:30!

Today couldn't have been prettier for the run. It was beautiful and just the perfect temperature. See, I need to move to a place like Moab. I have had it with the snow! Harvey and Lou did great on the run and came in sooner than they had expected.








Then, we spend the rest of the afternoon at the pool. That was certainly fun for the kiddos. They loved every single last second of it. I am now hoping that they will fall asleep EARLY and let me get some rest tonight!!! I am not holding my breath though!!







2 comments:

Michele said...

It looks like the day turned out to be great. You have a wonderful smile on your face...as does everyone else. Harvy doesn't even look like he is in any pain.
Hope you guys have a safe drive home.

Banks Family said...

Thanks for a great time!! Our husbands did great. We need to plan a run without kids. That could be very relaxing.