Monday, March 2, 2009

Lowes Workshop

Recently my dad discovered the children's workshops at Lowes. Every so often, Lowes has clinics for little ones where they build different little items. A few weeks ago, my parents took the kids to the Valentines box workshop. Dad was so impressed that he signed Kaeson up for several other workshops, one of which was on Saturday.

Kaeson was SO excited to go. I don't think that he has ever minded so well in his life. He was so intent on going and sat looking for Grandpa by the front window for 20 minutes before he came. When my dad did show up, Kaeson was THRILLED to see that he had brought Uncle Derek. Uncle Derek always adds that extra ounce of excitement.\

This time at the workshop, they worked on race cars. Kaeson (so I am told) was very intent on his car. He pounded every nail, aligned every piece of wood, and centered and placed every sticker. They gave each child a work apron and a pair of work goggles. He also got a patch that was sewn onto his apron by the end of the evening.He absolutely loved every minute of it.

Afterwards, they took him to lunch at McDonalds. Kaes was in heaven when the featured toy of the month was Spiderman. This is how Kaeson was returned to me.

5 comments:

heather said...

Love the picture of Kaeson

Michele said...

The saddest part about this is the race car has the logo of Jimmy Johnson's car. What are they teaching "our" children?!? At least they could have the option of a Dupont Chevrolet sticker. ;)
What a wonderful experience though. Time with grandpa building things. It doesn't get much better than that.

Faires Bears and Toads said...

Why am I not at all surprised by your comment Shel! You are hilarious and I LOVE it!

Kate Mc2 said...

Darci,
This post is so dang cute! He will forever have wonderful memories of his Grandpa doing this with just him! How special!

I think your friend Shel and I have a favorite driver in common! Jeff Gordon all the way!!

Anne Madeleine said...

Your dad is so awesome.