Thursday, April 29, 2010

I Am Loved

I was having one of those days yesterday. One of those days where your kiddos are off track, it is snowing on the third to last day of April and you are stuck inside. A promised trip to the zoo, dinosaur museum and pool have been canceled because of a sickie brother. The kiddos were going stir crazy and consequently destroying the house.

I have been trying to get my house clean, prepare for my KSL spot, sewing up a bunch of random items to get my website up to snuff, catch up on the laundry, unclog the toilet upstairs and the list goes on and on and on. It was one of those days where the kiddos were getting the short end of the stick attention wise and it was killing me.

At one point in time, Toady kept tugging on my shirt saying "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" Family Guy style. Thinking that he wanted a sip of my energy drink, I pushed it out of his reach and went to grab a sippy cup of milk. He continued with the "Mommy" although in a much higher, whinier pitch when I turned and said, "Toady, sweetie, what do you want?" He looked up at me with those HUGE brown eyes and said, "I want my mommy." I broke down completely overwhelmed by all that was going on around me.

After rocking my Toad for a bit and putting him down for a nap, I set Nena and Bear for craft time and slipped upstairs for a quick shower (at 2:30 p.m.) and a moment of reflection. I will admit that a couple of sobs did come out as I was trying to pull it together, put my priorities in order and figure out how to be a more attentive mother.

When I came downstairs, I was met with a hug and kiss from both Nena and Bear and a huge display on the wall. They were so excited that I had just set them lose with a huge storage box of crafts that they could barely contain themselves. They decided that they were going to spend craft time making me some pictures. I can't tell you that this display couldn't have come at a better time. I certainly needed it.









4 comments:

me and my boys said...

That brought tears to my eyes. See, you are wonderful, just like I told you :)

Foust Family said...

I may have shed a tear as well! That is so sweet! You're a fantastic mom!

Michele said...

You are such a good mommie. I would pick you. You are doing an amazing job!

Unknown said...

That is the absolute sweetest thing ever. :)