Dad is awesome when it comes to April Fool's jokes. He tries every single year to pull one over on me. Most years he does succeed. This year he may have if it hadn't been for Bear who knew immediately which day it was and proceeded to tell me that there was a camel in my window! He is a doll and has been excited to say that for two days.
About noon today, I received this email from my dad. I feel bad that this time I didn't fall for it but, Nena certainly did. Here is the email that I received.
Sorry to bother you with trivial matters but one of the producers here at the studio
is leaving and taking a job in Canada. He has the neatest little exotic pet that
they bought when they visited Florida three years ago but they just found out that
Canada will not allow them to bring in into their country. He's heartbroken but is
offering it to anyone in the department who thinks they can find a good home for it.
It's a lot like a little hamster but looks identical to a tiny walrus. He feeds it
crickets but says it eats any kind of bugs including spiders. They haven't seen a
spider in their home for the past five years. Its name is 'Walder' and he says
they live to be about 10 years old. He brought it to the studio today and it is
about the cutest thing I've ever seen. He says it's house trained to use a little
sand box and enjoys being out of the water as much as being in a shallow water bowl.I've attached a copy of the article he had about it, if you know anyone who would like to take it today or tomorrow. He paid over $500 for it but said he would give it to someone who would promise a good home.Let me know.
Dad

Although I can't get it to load here, he sent an info sheet on this tiny walrus and was very interesting. So much so that Nena set up a bed for it and begged me all
afternoon if we could keep it. Here is something similar to what he sent to me:
Tasmanian Mock Walrus
So, Dad, if you read this. You may not have gotten me this year but... like mother
like daughter.
Oh, and IF you ARE interested in some of my dad's other hoaxes, you can find a couple
of them HERE and HERE.


2 comments:
I don't get it
That makes WAY more sense today!
Post a Comment