If you just show up at my house randomly:
* Dishes in the sink* Yep, I am trying to keep on top of it but, the dishwasher is broken yet again and I have no idea how to fix it.
* Furniture randomly set throughout the house* I am working on rearranging my home to be more functional and pretty. The front room is swiftly becoming the sewing room, the dining room is getting a furniture makeover from the stuff in the basement and my kitchen... well, that is up for a debate at the moment.
* Paint smeared on my clothing* I have decided to start the painting once again. My room is now "Pursuit of Happiness" blue and the master bath is working its way to be "Sweetened White." Let's see how it goes. Nena has also been begging for more fairydom to her fairy room. So, that will not be going away anytime soon.
*Random piles of laundry* My dryer is slowly, ever slowly giving up the ghost and it now takes three cycles to finish a load. That is NOT including towels.
* Me in my jammies or work clothes* Yeah. If I am not going anywhere or expecting anyone, that will be me. Oh, and I will add that it will either be with wet hair or crazy hair and most likely no make up. I am actually working on that one. I need to at least make an effort.
*Ever beeping smoke detector* Yep, three years and it is still beeping. I am working on that one and think that I may have figured out the problem. Fingers crossed and knocking on wood. Funny though, I never notice it until someone else does.
* Little piles of fabric, thread and notions* Seeing as I am doing a LOT more sewing recently, I have decided that it would be in my best interest to move my sewing room upstairs. That way I can keep my kiddos in check at all times. So, until the furniture painted and arranged, the sewing room has taken temporary residence on my dining room table.
* Snacks on the counter* My two older kiddos are having a hard time keeping up their weight and are being put on a high calorie diet. So, instead of throwing butter and sour cream at the constantly, they are having an unlimited snack supply at their disposal. Unfortunately, I don't have this same problem but, I see myself diving into their stash more than I care to admit.
* Calming music* I took the HUGE HUGE step of canceling our satellite programming. I decided that we just don't watch enough TV to make it worth it. So, TV is out and relaxing music is in. Let's see how long that one lasts. I am NOT planning on giving up my netflix though. Not yet.
*Toys strewn about* I am trying to keep the toys in the basement toy room but, the kiddos really like being in the main area. Soooo, the toys come with them. We do try at the end of the day to put them back but, they make their way back up almost immediately the next morning.
*Nearly Nakie Toad* He is going through an anti-clothing stage at the moment. I am not really getting after him on this because I am really hoping and praying that potty training is coming along with this new stage. Plus... I am extremely glad that we are entering the Toad will happily take a bath instead of screaming stage.
* 32 oz. bottle of Crystal Light* I am slowly, ever slowly trying to give up caffeine. It isn't working yet but, I am working on it.
* Yippy yappy chew toy* Yes, he is teeny. Yes, he is annoying. Yes, he is a little mangy at the moment. However, he is so cute and I am actually extremely grateful that I have my own built in alarm system.
* Children's version of The Book of Mormon* We started reading this a few months ago and my kiddos LOVE it and we can't go a day without it. They often spend time looking through it and picking out the pictures that they know. It makes me feel like I am doing something good.
* Happy, Loving, Intelligent and Energetic Kiddos* I absolutely love my kiddos and they know it. I love that they know it too. I am making it my goal to keep a semi organized, calming and soothing environment for my kiddos to relax in. They love being here and love having family time. Without being too cheesy (alright, I am already past that) if I accomplish nothing else in this life, I want my kiddos to know that they are my absolute everything and that is all that matters to me.
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
OK I can't even tell you how much this matches the state of my life right now...down to the beeping smoke alarm that I have now learned to completely tuned out to the point that I forget it actually needs to get fixed until someone comes over and is bothered by it. I LOVE you. I UBER LOVE YOU!
I love that you can embrace every part of your life. I could learn a thing or two from you! I especially love that through the laundry, paint, piles of this-and-that...and more that you still know what's important. Your kids!
Post a Comment