Saturday, July 11, 2009

ENGAGED!!!

I have to post and brag about my awesome little brother, Derek.

Derek and I are 13 months apart in age. We have always been very close and I can't imagine what life would have been like without him as my partner in crime.

Derek recently finished his Ph.D. in psychology and started working on staff at BYU. He has an amazing position there and is doing incredibly well.

In January, Derek met this phenominal woman named Jaclyn. She is unbelievably intelligent, hilarious as all can be and just as genuine of a person that ever could be. We met her for the first time a few months ago. I loved her immediately!
Well, last night they made it official. They are now officially engaged and getting married October 2nd. I could not be more thrilled for the two of them. I am thrilled that Derek found someone so completely and totally his equal and perfect other half. I know that Jaclyn can match him with her wit, grace and intelligence. I am excited because I get one rocking sister-in-law!

Jaclyn describes the "reason" they fell in love (note the wit she has.) They through a mutual friend. She just happens to be current roommate, Karen. Karen decided to set Derek and Jaclyn up. She told Jaclyn that she would just LOVE Derek. So, Jaclyn told us: "Yep, Karen told me that I would just love Derek. I am one who follows through with my commitments. So, I guess that I am just going to have to love him...forever!" How cute is that!

2 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds like a great start! Beautiful ring.

Little Bear and Peanut said...

Congrats to you and them!