Sunday, July 5, 2009

West Jordan Parade



Our Fourth of July celebration started off with a bang. The kiddos were invited to be part of the parade. Our friends have a non profit organization that makes and donates little toy cars to the children of developing nations. They are darling cars! This year they had a train of sorts that the kiddos got to ride in along the parade route. My friend Nikki and I walked along side. Our job was two fold...keep our kids (their hands, feet, arms and legs) inside the train at all times and to hand out the little cars to senior citizens along the parade route. Toad was too small to go in the train so, got to sit along the sidelines and watch the parade go by. He apparently loved every minute of it. He danced, sang and left his hat on the entire time. During the parade, I noticed him (and the rest of our crowd) and ran over to give him a piece of candy. He was thrilled to see me. That was a treat for me! The kids had an absolute blast. Besides the fact that I was wearing terribly ugly running shoes instead of cute holiday sandals, I had a great time too. Nikki's mom made up the outfits for Kyra and Kaeson to wear. She also made festive bags for Nikki and I. They were DARLING!!!!!

The night before the parade, I made Kelty a semi matching pair of bandana shorts and made all of my kids matching bandana hats. I am one of those mothers that you dread that is always trying to go for matchy matchy with her kids. They will love it someday.

1 comment:

Banks Family said...

Do not tell my mom that you were handing out the trains to Senior Citizens. She would not be happy to hear that since you handed her one.. J/K She wants to be 25 forever even thought I am turning 36 this week.