I am still going strong on the diet with Kaeson. No gluten and no casein. So far, I am doing a bang up job. I have learned to make some pretty decent things from scratch. Most often, I have to combine about 6 different flours mixed with starch and xanthan gum in order to make even simple muffins. I am getting much better and the family will eat most everything without complaining. I have been able to pass off quite a few things as "normal food" to family and friends. We are doing this until we get our second opinion with Kaeson on May 5th.
However, Kaeson has started begging for some of his staples. He loves hot dog buns and macaroni and cheese. I have worked out the hot dog bun situation...kinda. However, the Mac and Cheese thing had me stumped. Until the other day. I ran into this little number at Good Earth. What a bargain at only $3.50 a box. Doesn't it look super yummy. Organic, Dairy Free Mac and Cheese made with Brown Rice Pasta. Vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free, whey free, casein free, egg free, lactose free, taste free.
Then they have the audacity to put down "comfort food" as one of the benefits. Comfort food my....never mind. Mac and Cheese can't be considered a comfort food unless one of the ingredients at one time could qualify to fit in the dairy family. Oh well, we will see if he likes it. I just had to complain to someone.


3 comments:
You are such a trooper to be still going strong with the diet. I am truly impressed.
Just think, the Mac & Cheese is high in fiber!
Oh, and FYI... It was NASTY. I couldn't even handle one spoonful.
Have you ever gone to Against the Grain. That is where my sister buys all her kids food. Since they have the gluten allergy and one has a milk allergy now. SHe likes that place and has also found good things there that they sell at regular stores. If you want more info email me.
Post a Comment