
*****WARNING*****VENTING POST******FEEL FREE TO MOVE ON*******
For the past several years, March and April have tended to be my biggest stress out months of the year.
Three years ago March: my grandfather passed away, we all drove out to his funeral only to total our rental car in a head on collision on the San Diego freeway 2 days after his funeral. I had another small car accident a couple of days after coming home. In April, I refinanced my house, fell off the bathroom counter and broke my wrist, and we had family issues.
Two years ago March: Harvey transitioned jobs after a lay off and found myself pregnant unexpectedly. In April, my grandmother passed away, I flew out to her funeral by myself this time(with my parents,) we excavated and finished our secret room and we had family issues.
Last year March: Kelty was in the hospital with RSV, both my kiddos got TERRIBLE haircuts and Kyra was mortified. We had major familiy issues.
That brings us to this year. Granted trauma gets less and less each year. In fact, I thought that we might be skipping it all together this year but, it is starting to creep up on us. Over the past 2 weeks, Kyra has missed four full days of school and 4 half days of school. That is not good. I had to pull her out of school today after only an hour and a half of being there because the doctor called and said that her strep test cooked positive. She wont be there tomorrow either.
Kaeson was finally diagnosed. That was quite a relief to me and I immediately started a treatment that I thought would help him out. I have now been talking to my pediatrican who very strongly disagrees with the diagnosis. I trust her implicitly, so we are back to square one with seeing a new specialist. To boot, today he opened and drank half a bottle of Benadryl (when I was out of the room for literally 5 seconds or less) warranting another call to Poison Control. That brings us up to...easily 25 calls to Poison Control.
Kelty, well, poor kid has yet another ear infection.
I have been talking to several friends lately and have been misunderstood several times. I am not easily offended but, I tend to get very upset if I think that I have offended someone else. That stresses me out more than anything else in the world.
And we have had family issues. All of this has had me breaking my diet all over the place with overdoses of cream cheese, cookie dough, chocolate, ice cream and diet coke! To boot...I have a 5K in a month and haven't run since December! AAAAAARGH!
So, if I have seemed in a bad mood, distant or we haven't seen eye to eye or I have offended you, please forgive me and just know that I love you anyway and it is just my time of the year. Be patient, I will get a grip sooner or later!


8 comments:
You are doing a good job, Darci! I think that my March is something from a horror movie!
I'm sorry to see that you are stressing! But you are still doing a good job! Hang in there!
At least you didn't have a meltdown so publicly awful that your instructor came outside to check on you and offer to let you re-take the chs. 4-8 test after spring break!
Not that that happened.
Maybe we need more than a girls night out, maybe a girls weekend!
Wow, that's rough! Sorry to hear of your struggles. It only makes me respect and admire you even more. You're one strong woman!
Life can really be well life. I know that at time emotionally we can all feel like we are spread way to thin. The only thing that truly has helped me is remembering that in time it will pass. Unfortunately during the crap time it is extremly hard and at time yes I have felt like my heart was hurting. Hang in there!!
Remember what doesn't kill us will make us stronger!!You should be pretty strong right now.
At least it is just one time a year for you. Look on the positive side! I am off next week if you need to vent...or get away to Vegas!
Hang in there! And I hope he kiddos are feeling better soon, strep and ear infections are the worst!
Post a Comment