I crave scents just about as much as I crave chocolate. Scents help me build an ambiance definitely contribute to my mood. I almost always have an essential oil in my oil warmer (I am not a fan of candles) and I change them out often. I have found several that I can't live without and bring back all sorts of memories, feelings and emotions. I know, I am quirky. I have never claimed to be normal.
Coconut Lime Verbena: This is my favorite hand lotion. When I found it, I about melted. It has such an enticing smell. It brings back memories of when I was younger, in high school. It smells like the tanning lotion that I used to use (yes, I used to be tan instead of pasty white and I have the wrinkles to prove it.) It is fresh and clean.
Orchids: As a hobby, my grandfather raised orchids in his backyard. They were absolutely beautiful. As you walked through his yard in the evening the scent was so strong and I would just close my eyes and imagine myself someplace mystical. Now, every once in a while, I will hop over the the flower shop and buy an orchid just for those memories.
Lavender Chamomile: I discovered this scent combination a few years ago when I was making soaps. I ended up making several batches just to have that calming and relaxing scent more often. I have recently found the essential oil at Bath and Body Works and snatched up several bottles. I love putting it on the oil warmer and it really helps to make the house seem calm and peaceful.
Lilac: My great grandfather used to have a lilac tree in his backyard. Now, my mom has transplanted it into her yard. I love the light scent and reminds me of when I was young playing in my grandfather's backyard.
Rain: I thought that I would be sick of this scent after my mission. Sometimes it would rain so hard, that we would have water up to our thighs as we crossed the streets. However, I love the smell of the water and of the wet dirt. When it rains, I open up the kitchen windows so that I can keep the scent but stay dry.
Gingerbread and Cinnamon Almonds: Nothing says Christmas to me more than these tasty treats. Not only do they smell like absolute heaven but, they taste just as amazing as they smell. I have fabulous recipes for both so, I make them from Thanksgiving to New Years. Huh, I think that I just figured out where my extra holiday pounds are coming from.

Eucalyptus and Spearmint: I get migraines and this is one of the only things that I found that helps calm them down (besides major drugs.) Bath and Body works has an amazing pulse point cream and oil that I never leave home without. A little dab on my temples, and I start to feel relief.


3 comments:
Right there with ya...good fragrance choices!
Coconut lime verbana is my first choice! I think lime smells so fresh and coconut is just good!
Smells are incredible! My favorite...clean baby!
Post a Comment