Tuesday, November 3, 2009

To Decorate or Not to Decorate.... That is THE Question

I am just going to throw this question out into the void of interspace and see what the read is. How soon should one decorate for Christmas? Halloween is over and yet Christmas is so far away.

I love Autumn. It is by far my favorite season. I love the colors, the ambiance in the air and the yummy scents. I love to be able to take an afternoon walk in the fresh crisp air. I love the leaves, the pumpkins and the flowers. I would decorate my house for this season all year long if I could.

HOWEVER... I don't own a single fall decoration. Isn't that sad. I wish that I had those gorgeous autumn leaf garlands and sparkly pumpkin thingies that they sell at Tai Pan trading but, I don't. Every year I promise myself that I am going to hit the after season sale and snatch up all of those fabulous 90% off deals and have an amazingly beautifully decorated house the following year. However, those are still pie in the sky dreams and have yet to happen. Why??? Because I have a huge family and this is about the time that I kick my Christmas shopping into high gear.

So, that leaves me with my dilemma. My Halloween was all put away after everyone left my home Halloween evening and my house is in the need for a spruce up. Is it too early to start putting out a bit of the Holly Jolly? Is it bad that I am skipping right over the one holiday that we have to celebrate thankfulness????(one of my huge pet peeves)! I will spare the Christmas tree until after Turkey Day but, how do I fill that empty and void holiday space in the middle?

5 comments:

Kate Mc2 said...

That's so funny! I have more fall decorations than any other season! If you lived closer I could so share with you and still have enough to share with me and my sister! I say decorate any ole way that you want to! It's your house! (grin).
You're so cute!!

Amy said...

Fall decorations until after Thanksgiving...then bring on Christmas! That is my motto.

Banks Family said...

Go to the store and pick up some for 75 % off...

me and my boys said...

Tape candy to your walls and then have the kids make leaves out of construction paper. You can then tell them that the time between Halloween and Thanksgiving is the only time that candy grows on trees...just a thought :)

Michele said...

We always put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and it is down Christmas afternoon because by then I can't stand the clutter anymore. I say if you want it up ... GO FOR IT! It is your home and you do whatever you like with it.