Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Willy Wonka???


Last year, at Halloween time, we had so many trick or treaters that I had to start divvying what the kids had collected to hand out to the passing by trick or treaters. My neighbors all give out full size candy bars, bags of popcorn, chips or drinks. We stick with the mini sized candy bars or skittles assortments. This year, we had quite the opposite. We only had about 15 or so knocks at our door. I wonder why.

I wasn't too concerned. I handed out a healthy dose to each child that came by and sent them on their way. Well, apparently, all of my neighbors had the same idea and my kids came home with SCORES of candy. We have never had this much. EVER! I have invited everyone that has stopped by to fill their pockets and purses. I have let my kiddos have more than what they needed to have and still I am stuck with a file folder box filled 3/4 full of candy. And it is the good stuff. It is the chocolate!

So, this year, I am doing something different. Tonight we are going to put the rest of the candy out for the candy fairy in hopes that she exchanges it for a toy. I will let you know how it goes. However, if you are in the neighborhood, stop by and grab a handful or two!

2 comments:

Banks Family said...

I should've come over!! Oh, I forgot that we already came over and took a few handfuls already. It is a good thing my kids didn't see this post.

Michele said...

I cannot believe you have so much candy!