Every year on the Fourth of July, our family gets together with our "adopted cousins," the Collins, for a BBQ and swimming. The Collins live up Provo Canyon and have an amazing house with an amazing pool. This year, my dad was in Panama over the 4th, so we changed our get together to the 24th.
This year we brought arm floaties for the kiddos so that they could swim around unassited (they are learning, just not proficient yet.) They were a hit. For 75 cents, it bought an ENTIRE day of pool fun. The kids only got out of the pool to eat and potty a couple of times. They were complete water babies. Even Kelty loved it and cried when we took him out.
Kaeson has been terrified of the water for the past 4 years. He would flip out every time we would wash his hair and swimming was out of the question. He has been taking swimming lessons for the past several weeks and loving every mintue of it. When we took him to the Collins pool he would jump off the diving board and then swim to the edge as fast as he could to get out and do it again. He was even doing tricks by the end of the day: jumping in backwards, spinning around in the air, belly flopping, everything.
I got into the action too. I was only planning on wading around a bit. I had done my hair in a style that I liked and didn't want to mess up my make up too much. I got in the pool and my two, still teenaged, brothers pummelled me with water. It was out of control. I don't think that I have ever been dunked so much in my life. After that monsoon water invasion, I stuck it out and enjoyed a less glamourous yet relaxing afternoon.
What a great time. Thanks Collins Clan.


1 comment:
See now I thought you looked like you had done your hair just for the pool, you'll always be glam, no matter where you are, you can't help it!
Post a Comment