I have always had long hair. The shortest it has ever been is just below my shoulders. The longest that it has been is past my hips. I loved it being long but, with little kids, it wasn't practical.
My mom never let me look like a Rag-a-muffin. My hair was ALWAYS perfect. When I was young, I remember my mom taking me to a relief society activity where all the mom's brought their daughters to learn to french braid. That was the height of style at the time and everyone needed to know how to do it. While I was in grade school, mom still did my hair every day and nearly every day it was in a braid. She did them very tightly so that they would stay all day. At the start of each day, I had very slanted eyes from my hair being pulled so tightly and by the end of the day I had a splitting headache.
While in Jr. and Sr. High school, I had to put my hair up in curlers before I went to bed. That was just how it was done. As a result, my hair looked like a bunny bum for my entire high school career. I will post a pict once I get my scanner working. I look at those pictures now and cringe.
Since that time however, my hair has taken a serious overdose of chill pills and is nearly always straight now. In fact, lots of days, I don't even get my hair done until noon. I have just very recently begun to appreciate the natural curl that I have acquired thanks to pregnancy and its hormones.
I am still about 10 years behind the times with my hairstyles. But, what can I do. I am now opting for more simple styles that I can handle with a blow dryer, flat iron and my large curling iron. I have to stop with the ponytails for a while though. I lost a lot of hair after Kelton was born and it is just barely growing back....in LARGE patches, making it impossible for a cute ponytail.
Since I have just one chance with doing hair with little girls, I have decided to do the most with her little short A-line cute that I can. As I was blog surfing, I ran across a friend of a friend of a friend's blog and she has darling hairstyles and how to do them. Then I noticed that there were several.
To save you the trouble of searching for darling styles, I have listed the posts in my buddy list for you to take a look at. Hope that you enjoy them. Let me know if you do.
Anyway, the point of this random post is to let you know
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
SO where's the link?
You need to READ the ENTIRE blog entry to find out. :) They are in my buddy list and are very obvious by the hair titles. I frequent them now so I stuck them there.
Okay so can you come over some day and teach me how to do hair? Braids and all that fancy stuff? Can't wait to see the high school pics...I think you look great now by the way!!!
I think you should chop it off at your chin. Higher in the back than in the front. You would look too cute!!!
Post a Comment