Thursday, July 10, 2008

Toad is no Polywog


My cute smiley toad has hit the 9 month mark. He has now spent more time outside my tummy than he did in (well, he that a few weeks ago.) I am in awe and shock. How come he is growing up so much faster than the other two. That is not what is supposed to happen. They are supposed to grow slower and hit the milestones later so that we are able to enjoy it forever.

Aside from being kicked out of the hospital nursery when he was a few hours old, he has been the easiest of all of the kiddos so far. He has made the most out of every moment of his little life. He has smiled through 7 ear infections (tubes coming in August.) He was calm and peaceful throughout his long stay at Primary Children's. He LOVES his brother and sister and lets them drag him around the house squealing with delight the whole time.

Today we took him to the doctor for his check up. He came out with a clean bill of health. He is right on track with head size and height, at the 10th and 15th percentile respectively. As for weight, well, he will eventually get on the charts someday. I am not concerned because he eats like there is no tomorrow and has those awesome chubby cheeks. He has to have his Dad's metabolism... lucky guy. To boot, he didn't even wince when they gave him his vaccination. When they went to prick his toe for his iron test, he giggled and looked at his bleeding toe in utter amazement.

He is crawling, pulling himself up on furniture and trying his hardest to walk. He loves his Johnny Jump Up and his Exersaucer. He is an amazing sleeper and just ahs to be put in the crib with a binkey and his blankie and he is gone.


Isn't it amazing that when we are carrying these darling creatures, the time can't go by fast enough. We count down every day and are grateful when delivery comes a day or two early. Everyone knows that with all of the problems I had with this last pregnancy, delivery seemed like it would never come. The first nine months of their little lives seems to fly by in comparison to the nine months that they are being created. It makes me want to spend every single moment enjoying every last delight of my cute little ones.

I love you Toad and I am so glad that you are part of our family.

2 comments:

Amy said...

It goes way too fast! I feel like I never had a little baby since Spencer came out half grown. I am glad that Kelton is healthy and it sounds like he is a very happy baby. Good for you!

Sherrie said...

Interestingly enough, it seems like you've had him in your family forever. I'll be ready to put in my time share duties in August so you and Harvey can have a little get away!