Friday, July 25, 2008

Parade of Floats





This year, for the second year in a row, we have trekked down to the South Towne Expo Center to see the Days of 47 Parade Floats on display. What a fun activity to do with kiddos. You are given a ballot as you walk in and are asked to vote for the float that you like the best.


There were so many fun ones. Kaeson's favorites were the pirate and the dragon. Kyra's favorite was the Macy's (go figure) and the fairy. I loved them all and was in complete awe as to the work that goes into them.


Harvey was working on the 24th and there is no way in the world that I am going to take all three kids down to battle the crowds to sit in a hot sunny spot to watch the parade. We did watch it on TV however and the kids loved every minute of it. They would jump up and down when they saw a float that they recognized.


We did have a scary moment at the float parade. We were looking at a float and I turned to pull a binkey from my purse. I stood up and looked around. Kaeson was gone. He was no where to be seen. I left my other kids with Leigh and ran to find Kaeson. Bryan came with me. Thanks Bryan. After several long mintues, a woman told me that she had seen a very distraught little boy crying and running. He wouldn't let anyone touch him and the security was trying to get him to settle down to get his name. I finally found him, crying uncontrollably at the main entrance with security.


I lost my wits and started crying right along with Kaeson. What a good lesson for both of us to learn. I need to keep him on an iron chain and he needs to stick next to me. This is what we will be working on for the next little while.

1 comment:

SalGal said...

I should've looked closer because I thought for a minute that the fairy float was actually your daughter!

And not to diminish your lost child story, but let me just say that at least you didn't lose yours at Toys 'R Us.

At Christmas.

Did I mention they closed and barricaded all entrances/exits until we found him?

Don't even asks about the looks that other moms give you when this happens.