Sunday, May 10, 2009

Eclair Cake


This is one of my favorite recipes. Even people who don't like sweets like this. It tastes exactly like an eclair. I made a few of them for the family gatherings that we had this weekend. I had several requests for the recipe so, I thought that I would post it here.

In a saucepan, on low heat:
1/2 C. butter
1 C. water
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 c. flour
4 eggs
Melt the butter, add water and salt. Add flour in little by little. Add eggs in one at a time. Stir until thickened a bit. Pour into a greased jelly roll pan. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes. My oven cooks quicker so, I only baked it for 20 minutes. It WILL BUBBLE. Take out of the oven and let it cool a bit.

While it is cooking, combine in a separate bowl:
2 small packages French Vanilla Pudding
2 C. milk
1- 8oz. package cream cheese

When cake part is cooled, spread pudding mixture over it.

Cover the entire thing with whipped topping.

Chocolate Gnoche
1/2 C. chocolate chips
2 Tbs. butter
1 C. powdered sugar
3 T. milk

Melt butter and chocolate chips. Stir in powdered sugar and add milk to thin. Spoon and circle the chocolate mixture over the top of the whipped cream.

1 comment:

Michele said...

That looks delicious!