Sunday, May 17, 2009

When Material Presents Itself

Today, I was doing my usual activity...avoiding the things that really had to be done. I kept looking at my blogs and thinking that I should really catch up with one of them. I thought of all of the things that I could write about but, I couldn't come up with exactly the phrasing and organization of the things that are really plaguing my mind. Wishing that I could get one solid idea gelled into my head, life presented one to me.

I hear from the upstairs bathroom, Harvey screaming my name. I came upstairs to him shrieking in horror, "Do you notice anything different about your son?" I had to look at him for a few moments. He had all of his limbs, no blood anywhere, he was not naked, all of his clothes seemed to be in order and no, there was no chocolate, shampoo, shaving cream, marker, crayon, toothpaste, or spaghetti sauce covering his little body. I also took note that he was not reeking of cologne. So, no. I didn't notice anything different about my son.

Then, it hit me. The huge chunk of hair missing from the front of his head. Apparently, rest time means something entirely different to a nearly 5 year old than it does to his exhausted mother. I walk into his room and find a pile of hair and a tiny pair of embroidery scissors. How in the world did he get those????? Goodness, I am having to lock up every single tiny little thing in this house. Do I ever get a rest?
So, the next time I wish that I had something obvious to blog about, I will shut up and just be grateful that life is calm!



3 comments:

Michele said...

I think you should shave the rest off.

me and my boys said...

Rock on Kaeson!!! You're my kind of man, buck the trend, do a reverse mohawk, call it good ;p

Erin said...

Kylie did that - at least he is a boy and it will be grown out soon - Kylie is still growing hers out. She was so proud of herself for getting the hair out of her face!!1